ISO 27000 Series Consulting
ISO 27001 is a structured set of guidelines and specifications for assisting organizations in developing their own information security framework. The standard relates to all information assets in an organization regardless of the media on which it is stored, or where it is located. The standard assists organizations in developing their own information security framework. Secnic is one of the leading consultants for ISO 27001 certification having worked with over 50 successfully certified clients. What’s more, we are ourselves certified to the Standard, and are in an excellent position to ‘walk-the-talk’.
ISO 27001 has 11 domain areas, 39 control objectives and 133 controls in all. The security controls represent information security best practices and the standard suggests that these controls should be applied depending on the business requirements.
ISO 27001 suggests development and implementation of a structured Information Security Management System (ISMS), which governs the security implementation and monitoring in an enterprise. The standard is designed to serve as a single ‘reference point for identifying the range of controls needed for most situations where information systems are used’.
The work Flow goes phase wise:
ISMS—Planning for ISO
ISO/IEC 27001 and its supporting document, ISO/IEC 27002 (ISO/IEC 17799), detail 133 security measures, which are organized into 11 sections and 39 control objectives. This sections specify the best practices we will do:
- Business continuity planning
- System access control
- System acquisition, development and maintenance
- Physical and environmental security
- Information security incident management
- Personnel security
- Security organization
- Communication and operations management
- Asset classification and control
- Security policies
- Decision Making
Benefits of ISO 27001 Implementation
Some of the benefits of implementing the ISO 27001 standard are as follows:
- Brings your organization to compliance with legal, regulatory, and statutory requirements.
- Market differentiation due to positive influence on company prestige.
- Increases vendor status of your organization.
- Increase in overall organizational efficiency and operational performance.
- Minimizes internal and external risks to business continuity.
- ISO 27001 certification is recognized on a worldwide basis.
- Significantly limits security and privacy breaches.
- Provides a process for Information Security and Corporate Governance.
- Reduces operational risk while threats are assed and vulnerabilities are mitigated.
Provides your organization with continuous protection that allows for a flexible, effective, and defensible approach to security and privacy.